Monday, July 7, 2008

Who is that kicking in my belly!??


Dear Babies,


So, what I thought was just the sound of delayed fireworks - actually was both of you kicking inside my belly. It feels kind of fluttery - but then it also feels as if there are some really soft fireworks going off in my belly. Pop, Pop, Pop. Perhaps, you were reacting to the fireworks celebration this past weekend?


So, at 22 weeks and 4 days it is official - you are now strong enough to kick me. Or, perhaps you are trying our for an international soccer league? Your great-grandfather was a great athlete and played Soccer throughout Europe. I also played soccer - but was not a great athlete. I think every soccer team I ever played on scored last and was named after a fruit: The Blueberries or Rasberries. Who would name a soccer team the Rasberries? I chose to market sports - not play them.


Perhaps you are kicking because your Daddy has kept me stocked in nutritious and delicious treats. Like, soft serve, hot fudge, whipped cream. You seem to be over the cherry pie phase - but mommy likes pie - so feel free to order it anytime you want.


So, babies - I am so excited that you are strong enough to kick me. And we still can not wait to meet you. But, Just remember mommy needs 8 hours of sleep to keep going - so please kick between the hours of 7:00am and 11:00pm.


Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wahoo! They're kicking. Good luck with getting them on your schedule... G loved to kick just as I was rolling off to Lullaby Land ;)
xxxooo