Sunday, May 4, 2008

Celebrate Alecia's Graduation!!!!!


Well, this coming weekend (May 10, 2008), Alecia is finally going to get her MBA Degree from UConn. Actually, she already got the degree - it came in the mail about a month ago. But still, she's going to be presented with an official looking blank piece of paper this weekend, which gives me the opportunity to present these lists of the best and worst that the new degree represents to me:

The Bad

10) My Master of Science no longer entitles me to prance around the house wearing only my gown and tassel and repeating, "I AM the MASTER of the house".

9) Alecia now insists on being introduced to everyone as, "Alecia Coffin, MBA, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!"

8) Can't use the old, "Uh, I think we've gotta go...Alecia has to study, you know!" to get out of awkward social situations. (P.S. for our friends - if we ever said this to you, it was really because Alecia had to study, not because it was awkward.)

7) No more bachelor pad parties while Alecia is in class. (Kegs still welcome, though.)

6) No more free parking with Alecia's car at the UConn Stamford branch lot (best parking deal in town.)

5) I can no longer lean back casually and say, "Yeah, I've got a cute co-ed at home." (Although I have found that the phrase, "Yeah, my wife works at ESPN," works just as well in certain circles.

4) No more MBA co-eds hanging around the house anymore.

3) No more MBA sponsored trips to exotic and exciting locations. (And this after Alecia told me I probably could have gone to China with her.)

2) Now, when the school calls, it will probably be for money.

1) No more spring breaks in Cancun!

The Good

10) The smarty pants never fit me right, anyway.

9) Was looking for that perfect something to balance out a blank spot on the office wall.

8) Alecia can get back to cooking and cleaning. (Acchhh, kidding, kidding...seriously, it will be nice to make her meals where she doesn't have to run off and study right away.)

7) A foot of space freed up on the bookshelf once Alecia sold the books from her final semester.

6) Can see out of Alecia's front windshield again now that we have removed the accumulated 5 years worth of UConn parking stickers.

5) Say it, A.M.C., M.B.A. It's fun to say, isn't it?

4) Plays are far more fun to help Alecia study for.

3) No more trouble from that bully that kept trying to steal the PB&J I packed for her.

2) Two words, "Graduation Party!"

1) Gives me yet another reason to think that my wife is THE BEST!

No comments: