Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bye Bye Charlotte Cat

So, our house is a little sad today. Our beautiful grey haired Diva cat Charlotte passed away yesterday. Charlotte was an amazing cat. I remember when I first was dating Jeff - she was scared of me at first and then she purred at me with open "paws" just one week after we met. She loved to take naps next to me (we both had that in common)and also loved nuzzling her way in between Jeff and I - sucking all the blankets beneath her with her massive cat weight (16 pounds!). The last two years Charlotte developed diabetes and when I would get up and feed the babies - she was always there to push her bowl and purrrrrr...saying, "I need water too, mommy". In fact- Charlotte was always there to greet us at the door when we came home and she would sprawl out in front of us when we came home from any of our vacations - letting us know she missed us as much as we missed her. Jeff was amazing with Charlotte and gave her two insulin shots a day to keep her diabetes in check. And in the end - he always cleaned her box and paper when she became too old to get to her box in time. Charlotte was an amazing cat and friend. She did not quite know what to make of our two new little additions - but was always curious with a sniff and purr. When I was on bed rest - she always managed to jump on the bed and just hang out with me - as she knew I was not feeling well and like a true friend wanted to make me feel better. We miss you Charlotte Cat - your big ol' belly of fur and warm purrs to welcome us. You will always be our amazing diva cat wherever you are. oxoxox.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh Man I am so sad.
I only met Charlotte two weeks ago but I knew she was a sweetie. When I was visiting my cousin Alecia and nursing Baby Moshe, she stepped in for our very own Widget E Cat to purr and lend moral support. She was such a sweet kitty. I'll miss her too!