Saturday, October 25, 2008

The babies 1st Road Trip: Long Island





We took our first family road trip today. We visited Great Grandma Elizabeth (Betty) and Great Grandma Oma. It was great to see them both. It was amazing to have them both hold the babies and have 4 generations in the same room. While Jeff and I always seem to be fashionably late (not on purpose!) - it seemed as if we were super organized today - but still ended up being late. Diaper Bag, Bottles..oh yeah...and two babies. And mommy needed a cafe mocha from Starbucks. I know - priorities! Caffeine is the ultimate energy savior when you are operating on a few hours of sleep. Despite the sleep deprivation - it is so nice to be a family and be able to visit friends and family that are so important to us. I am so thankful to have my grandmothers in my life and that they were able to meet their great granddaughters. I am also thankful that we are a family - something that we hoped and dreamed about for a long time.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You are radiant! We love you guys!!